Saturday, March 9, 2013

P**n Stars

If your mom ever sucked you into watching Antiques Roadshow with her, and you secretly kind of enjoyed it, you will probably also enjoy Pawn Stars. I really didn’t think I could become hooked on a show that takes place in a pawn shop, but the mystery of the story and value behind each item is enough to keep me watching. Featured on the History Channel, the show focuses on the Harrison family’s Gold & Silver Pawn Shop, located just outside of Las Vegas. Three generations of men run the pawn shop together: grandfather Richard, son Rick and grandson Corey. Together they amusingly appraise, and make offers on, some very interesting and historical items presented to them by all kinds of individuals.

Almost everyone that comes into the shop is looking to sell their items for a very desirable profit. The stories behind some of the things that come into the shop are quite incredible and a little hard to believe. This usually leads to the shop owners calling upon an expert to examine and appraise the item at its highest value. If the item turns out to be authentic, one of the Harrison men are usually willing to make an offer on it. However, this offer is usually much lower than the amount desired by the seller. With their stubborn attitudes and years of experience, they usually manage to get an amazing deal on whatever they buy.


6 comments:

  1. I've seen this a few times! I had a hard time really getting into it, but sometimes it was entertaining to watch. It always made me crazy to watch people struggling and haggling! If you think you deserve more money, go online and do your own research!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't a bad show to turn on every once in a while. Mind you I don't watch television often. It's interesting what crazy things come through sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is probably one of the better reality shows out there. however, they enjoy low-balling people who come in and it is kind of funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see what you did there... P**n Stars. Caught my eye haha. I do watch a fair amount of Pawn Stars though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't say that I watch this show but my brother actually does (and doesn't watch any reality TV show). I never really understood the appeal until now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This and Storage Wars were two things I would always put on the morning after a long night. Always enjoyable but do not need to get too heavily invested in them. So no surprise it is a hit.

    ReplyDelete