Friday, February 22, 2013

Duck Dynasty


Whether you love nature and the outdoors or prefer sidewalks and skyscrapers,  you are pretty much guaranteed to love Duck Dynasty. If you are anything like me, and just the thought of being in the woods or a marsh makes your skin crawl, then Duck Dynasty will give you a taste of what it would be like to be a true outdoorsman. The show focuses on the Robertson family, who became wealthy through their family-operated business, Duck Commander, which makes products for duck hunters. Since airing on A&E, Duck Dynasty has become extremely popular among even the least-experienced hunters.
The cast of the show includes the Robertson men, Phil and Si, and Phil’s sons Jase, Willie and Jep. All have long flowing beards and wild untamed hair, which has become part of their image. The show follows them as they make duck calls, go hunting and usually get themselves into a sticky situation.
My favourite character is arguably Uncle Si. He always has something hilarious to add to the conversation, and his comments usually come out of nowhere. Besides his crazy hair and beard, he’s know for drinking hot tea from a plastic cup and telling outlandish war stories. My favourite Uncle Si moment has to be when he went to the kid’s school dressed as an elf at Christmas, and explained to the kindergarten kids that Santa and the elves had to eat a reindeer to survive after the sleigh crashed one year.
Duck Dynasty earns a solid 8.5/10 on the entertainment scale. If you haven’t seen it yet, you are bound to come across a Duck Dynasty Marathon one day soon.

4 comments:

  1. Of all people my mom got me hooked on this show and over Christmas break watched it all the time! It's absolutely hilarious. This is a show that makes me wish I had cable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised Colin hasn't commented on this! It was the post he'd been waiting for ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first heard about Duck Dynasty my original thought was "this show looks terrible" but for some reason my sister convinced me to give it a try and now I'm hooked. One time I found myself watching a four hour duck dynasty marathon... it's just so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Duck Dynasty haha Uncle Si makes me happy, happy, happy!

    ReplyDelete