Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Just the beginning...


When reality television first became a popular phenomenon, it took me a while to jump on the bandwagon. Survivor was the first show I remember watching with “real” people competing for a challenge. I sometimes argue with others that sports are actually the first form of reality TV, but my passion all began with Survivor. Although it didn’t suck me in with the first season, around season two or three I became hooked. There was something about watching people on TV who hadn’t been scripted, (even though many will say they are.) As time has passed, my love has only blossomed to encompass an ever-growing number of shows.
I have come to adore shows like The Real World, Toddlers and Tiaras, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Duck Dynasty, Intervention, Say Yes to the Dress, Pawn Stars, Catfish and so many others. I set aside time each week to make sure I catch my favourites and I am always up for a heated debate about any of the characters or the situations they find themselves in. Even though I receive "advice" from others, as they tell me that these shows are garbage and will rot my brain, I just can’t turn my back on the characters and shows I’ve come to love. So whenever you feel like ranting, raving or reading about any of your favourite reality TV shows or stars, you know where to turn.
 

4 comments:

  1. I'm personally not a fan, but maybe you can sway me! :) Also, some may argue that gameshows - like good ol' Family Feud - were some of the first reality shows too! I agree that they've been on longer than we've had a true category for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am a huge fan of "reality" TV..especially Say Yes to the Dress...What is there not to love about people trying on some of the prettiest or sometimes trashiest wedding dresses on. Watched Here Comes Honey Boo Boo for the first time the other night(not by choice)and cried with laughter. I swore I would never watch that show and now after watching I can't say that I will never watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound so passionate about Reality TV. I'm excited to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man Tracker - where is Man Tracker on your review list?

    ReplyDelete